My client is a highly recognisable bank, who is searching for a legal counsel to work with their international banking legal team.
The role will involve working with their clients in order to provide them with endorsed advice on regulatory issues and changes which will affect them. As a distinguishable firm, you will be working autonomously with high-profile clients and so this is a fantastic opportunity for developing your career. The main responsibilities will be:
- Working with businesses to understand their needs
- Advice primarily UK and European legislation and regulation, yet also coordinate with regulation in other jurisdictions
- To work with other bank functions in order to ensure risk is properly addressed
- To work with the businesses to implement regulatory change
- To liaise with all other control and risk functions where appropriate
- To provide training to international stakeholders and client businesses
Derivative and regulatory experience is necessary, with a strong preference that the candidate has excellent academics and derivative experience in a top-tier law firm or in-house corporate. Similarly, knowledge on legislation and regulation is desired, to ensure the accuracy of advice. The candidate should also have strong interpersonal skills, as the successful candidate will be creating relationships in teams across the London department and relevant businesses.
For more information, please contact Becky Mackarel at SSQ.
Apply for Derivatives Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly