Construction Litigation NQ, Edinburgh
Excellent new role for an NQ lawyer to join the highly successful contentious construction team of a highly regarded Scottish law firm based in their offices in Edinburgh. Ideally, candidates will have had exposure to contentious construction, however the firm are also interested in speaking to candidates who have completed a seat in commercial litigation or dispute resolution and interested in developing their career in construction.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to widen their knowledge and gain experience of contentious construction transactions working with clients and professionals on a day to day basis within the busy team based in Edinburgh.
- Acting on behalf of employers, contractors, professional consultants and insurance clients on a broad range of disputes, dealing with a variety of bespoke contracts and standard forms;
- Advising clients on all aspects of construction litigation including both raising and defending all levels of Sheriff Court and Court of Session actions, adjudications, negotiation, mediation, arbitration and contractual advice.
- Applicants must have trainee seat experience in either a contentious construction or commercial dispute resolution team and a keen desire to specialise in this area. Commercial awareness is required together with an enthusiastic approach to business development in a target driven commercial environment.
- In addition to being able to demonstrate relevant legal experience, the successful candidate will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicants will have to able to juggle a busy and varied workload, have an enthusiastic approach to work and enjoy working in a team environment.
To discuss this role in confidence or to apply, please contact David Thomson, Director at Thomson Legal by completing the Apply Now details in the box below. Alternatively, please click on the Thomson Legal logo to access our recruiter profile where you can contact us directly via telephone, email or social media.