Personal Injury Solicitor
I am working exclusively with this top 100 UK firm recruiting into its specialist litigation team handling fast and multi track RTA work.
You will be responsible for handling a non-delegated, mainly litigated, fast track (some multi track) caseload of approx. 40 cases. High client interaction is expected in the role therefore excellent client care skills are paramount. You will be a strategic partner to your insurer client getting involved in identifying trends with the goal of driving down claim spend.
This opportunity would see you work in a supportive and supervised team environment where you would handle your own litigated defendant RTA work. The emphasis is on not just settling claims but thoroughly investigating and litigating whenever possible. Case values are all above the new proposed small claims track limit and as a result work levels will be secure despite the impending changes.
Applications are welcome from candidates with litigated RTA claims handling experience. The team deals with hourly rate work and only qualified solicitor/CILEx candidates can be considered. It has also been found that those from an insurance fraud background have made a good transition to this team.
The firm is situated in Lancashire/Greater Manchester and has good links by road with subsidised parking and a car lease scheme available to all employees. Additionally once probation has been passed there is the ability to work remotely from home 1-2 days per week.
For those that want it part time (4 days per week) will also be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leading firm in a modern working environment offering a supportive team structure and realistic routes for future progression. The level of work the team deals with also means that it offers security from the proposed changes to the small claims track limit.
* Review RTA files, noting and abiding by Client Guidelines
* Draft reports confirming strategy and agreeing the most suitable approach with the client
* Undertake negotiations with Third Party Solicitors
* Liaise with Insured and Insurers and Brokers where necessary
* Undertake Court Hearings
* Ensuring relevant tasks are delegated to the paralegals
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
* Practical experience of handling RTA litigated files is essential, with evidence of managing own case load and reporting skills - defendant or claimant experience
* Qualification - Solicitor/FILEX
* An understanding of case law and litigation practice & process and CPR
* Good telephone negotiation skills
* Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
If you would like to discuss this personal injury opportunity in more detail please contact David Carr at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.