Group Data Protection Officer
The successful candidate will become a member of the companies core Risk team which is managed by the global General Counsel and based in London, taking instruction on a day to day basis from the Head of International Compliance and ultimately reporting to the Director of Regulatory Risk.
Highly regarded international business
- Carry out a global Data Protection audit and provide recommendations to the Head of International Compliance in order to make the Firm fully compliant with relevant legislation, particularly the General Data Protection Legislation
- Monitoring the implementation of Data Protection standards, policies and procedures within the Firm
- Carrying out Privacy Impact Assessments on all systems processing personal data from time to time
- Conducting frequent audits of data for compliance purposes
- Manage the 'DP Health Check' self certification process
- Ensuring that the Data Protection aspects are properly covered in the governance documents of all systems processing personal data
- Monitor, annually review and amend as appropriate the companies UK DP registrations and notification(s) and monitor and assist with such notifications outside the UK, as applicable
Project management/organisational skills - able to run multiple initiatives in parallel.
Ability to research and quickly digest new and emerging Data Protection rules and provide practical and commercial advice on their implications.
Compliance and risk management exposure at a senior level for an international organisation.
Practical experience in the area of data privacy and protection in both the UK and foreign jurisdictions.
Legal and regulatory awareness.
Understanding of systems and processes involved in gathering, storing, transferring and collecting data in an international context.
Strong academic background. Post graduate certification in one or more of data privacy, legal/compliance, accounting/business, information technology desirable.