PROPERTY & CONTRACTS LAWYER
1. Advise on and deal with all aspects of a conveyancing transaction
(a) To deal with complex property transactions and projects affecting our client
(b) To prepare and draft and update (following changes in law or Council requirements) the legal conveyancing precedents/documents/forms.
(c) To advise on property law and related areas
(d) To undertake mortgage redemptions and other work in respect of properties mortgaged to the Council.
2. Negotiating and drafting in relation to Landlord and Tenant legislation including the preparation and completion of leases, licences, easements, consents and assignments
(a) To undertake both commercial and residential conveyancing work associated with the acquisition and disposal of land or property or any interest in land. To advise Client Services of the Council on Conveyancing and property related legal matters.
(b) To undertake conveyancing and other related tasks;
3. Negotiating and drafting straightforward and complex contracts including the preparation and completion of JCT contracts and service and works contracts
(a) To undertake a substantial personal caseload of the most complex contract work including the provision of legal advice and drafting, negotiation and agreeing of complex documentation for all types of contracts and commercial transactions.
(b) To investigate and give initial advice on contract claims by or against the Council including those arising out of building contracts.
(c) To maintain an up-to-date comprehensive knowledge of developments in the relevant areas of law and disseminate that information and any implications for the Council to relevant members of the Corporate Team
(d) To assist with litigation, advice, and general work of Legal Services as required
(e) To investigate and give initial advice on contract claims by or against the Council including those arising out of building contracts.
4. Negotiating and Drafting Planning Agreements and Enforcement Notices
(a) To draft, prepare and complete standard s.106 Agreements
(b) To draft standard Planning Enforcement Notices and other Town and Country Planning related documents and agreements
(c) To provide high quality and timely advice on Town and Country Planning issues to Officers at all levels of the Partnership and to provide advice to Members
(d) To support the delivery of a high quality, professional legal service that complies with the statutory framework and meets the Council's statutory and contractual obligations
5. Attendance and advising at Council Committees and Working Groups
(a) To draft reports for, and to comment on and prepare legal implications for reports to, Council its Committees and Sub Committees, and other member and officer level meetings and to attend such meetings as the representative of the Head of Service or Legal Services Manager as required.
6. Such other duties as may be assigned to the postholder by the Head of Service and / or the Legal Services Manager
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.