London, EC1V 2NT
The primary objective of this role is to provide commercially minded legal contracts support to all business units (which supply equipment and software) and functions across Europe, with a particular focus on software and technology contracts.
The role will involve the below key accountabilities:
- Reviewing, drafting, amending and negotiating a variety of agreements such including software licences (including associated support or professional services), subscription, equipment sale/lease/rental/finance documents, distribution, non-disclosure agreements, and typical procurement agreements.
- Work with the business teams to prepare or respond to legal terms in tenders and advise the on business issues as requested or appropriate.
- Supporting legal negotiations with external clients and partners where required.
- Providing guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations across the business.
- Approve or refer legal contract terms for approval as appropriate.
- Participate in reviews and maintenance of standard contract templates.
- Being a key interface with customers and internal stakeholders on legal agreements.
- Assist with contracts/legal training to sales and other stakeholders as required.
- Instructing local Counsel across Europe and managing the advice received.
- Participate in adhoc projects for international legal function as required.
- May be required to travel occasionally, within and outside UK.
- Law/Business Degree or equivalent by experience.
- In depth knowledge of English contract law.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Highly desirable – experience of Norwegian or Swedish contract law.
- Ability to draft and edit legal documentation with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to effectively assess and advise on commercial risk.
- Proven and demonstrable negotiation skills.
- Able to work independently and pro-actively without supervision. Able to work with varying workloads and prioritise effectively.
- Good customer facing skills, both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with software licensing models.
- Norwegian or Swedish language and legal skills would be highly beneficial.
As a Contracts Manager you will report into the VP & Deputy General Counsel, EMEA & APAC, within the EMEA & APAC Legal Department. This is a small team supporting the legal and compliance requirements of the business operations, split between the UK and Australia (Sydney). This team forms part of the Global Legal & Compliance Organisation, which has its base at the Pitney Bowes headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut.
About Pitney Bowes:
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence offerings, powering billions of physical and digital transactions in the connected and borderless world of commerce.
Helping clients achieve their greatest commerce potential are Pitney Bowes’ 16,000+ passionate employees around the world, our relentless pursuit of innovation with over 2,300 active patents, and our focus on clients, who are at the center of all that we do – from small businesses to 90% of the Fortune 500.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.
***No Agencies Please***