Risk and Compliance Lawyer
RISK AND COMPLIANCE LAWYER
6 MONTH CONTRACT WITHIN US LEGAL
Ryder Reid urgently require a Risk and Compliance Lawyer, for one of our clients a leading multinational law firm on a 6 month contract basis.
Our client a prestigious US Law firm with offices in the heart of the City are looking for a Risk and Compliance Lawyer support the Head of Risk and Compliance and work with the Risk and Compliance team to manage compliance matters across the London office. The London Office Managing Partner also takes a keen interest in compliance issues and the compliance function is also supported by the Compliance Officer for Legal Practice, Compliance Officer for financial administration, the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and the firm's Ethics Committee, which is chaired by the firm's General Counsel.
As a Risk and Compliance Lawyer you would be responsible for such duties as;
- Advise on compliance and regulatory issues
- Undertake client due diligence (CDD) checks
- Identify conflicts of interest as well as confidential information issues
- Review and draft risk and compliance policies
- Respond to ad hoc queries from the business, including queries relating to AML and Client Due Diligence, gifts and hospitality, audit letters, lateral hires and secondments;
- Assist with other tasks and projects as advised by the Head of Risk and Compliance;
- Assist the Head of Risk and Compliance with developing and delivering risk and compliance training and general awareness raising amongst partners and employees.
The ideal Compliance and Risk Lawyer candidate must be solutions orientated with a commercial and pragmatic approach as well as being client service focused and having the ability to take initiative. In order to be considered for this great opportunity, you must be a qualified lawyer (any jurisdiction) and have previous experience working within compliance at an international law firm.
Applications for this Compliance and Risk Lawyer role will only be considered from qualified candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join highly esteemed team. If you would like to be considered for this great Compliance and Risk Lawyer role, then please do apply to Ryder Reid today.
If you are a qualified lawyer who has previously worked in within compliance in a legal environment and are looking for an exciting new Compliance and Risk Lawyer positon please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV