Criminal RTA Solicitor
Criminal RTA Solicitor - Somerset - Have you experience in Criminal litigation? Looking to join a highly regarded firm dealing RTA matters? Then look no further…….
JOB TITLE: Criminal RTA Solicitor - Somerset
PQE REQUIRED: 12 months+
LOCATION: Somerset (Commutable from: Bristol, Taunton, Minedhead, Brdigewater & Weston Super Mare)
The main focus of the appointed Criminal Solicitor is criminal RTA along with civil RTA advising both insurers as well as drivers. The role of Criminal RTA Solicitor will be working alongside the Senior Associate, dealing with matters such as the administration and organisation of court appearances, liaising with Counsel and experts along with developing their own caseload. Our client is looking for Solicitors/Barristers/Legal Executives or Paralegals/Litigation Assistants with experience in criminal litigation and a willingness to learn civil RTA , athough there will be training offered. The driven and motivated Criminal RTA Solicitor will be required to travel to police station interviews and hearings all over the country, so a valid clean driving licence and car transport is essential. The types of cases the successful Criminal Solicitor will be dealing with is; serious collisions resulting in charges of serious injury and death by dangerous and careless driving, careless driving cases and Civil litigation relating to RTA, EL and PL claims. The Criminal RTA Solicitor will be attending initial interviews, advising drivers by telephone all aspect of the criminal litigation process, including inquests. The Criminal RTA Solicitor joining this team will also be required to adviseg insurer clients and their drivers upon likely outcome and sentence.
The ideal Criminal RTA Solicitor will have;
- UK Qualified Solicitor, Foreign Qualified, Barrister or CILEX qualified with the relevant experience.
- Valid clean driving licence. This role will involve travel to police station interviews and hearings all over the country, so a valid clean driving licence and car transport is essential.
- 1-3 years' criminal litigation experience.*
- Police station accreditation with experience of police station interviews and hearings is essential.
- Client contact.
- Experience of civil RTA claims would be desirable. Assessing liability and valuing personal injury claims.
- Knowledge of insurance industry and interaction with insurers and Claims Handlers.
- Attendance at court.
- Instructing Counsel, experts and taking witness statements.
In addition, if you know any Criminal RTA Solicitors who may be interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).