BD Executive (Funds) - Legal
A leading law firm in the city of London is looking for a Business Development Executive reporting to the BD Manager, who oversees the Funds and Private Equity sectors, and working alongside the Co-Heads of the Funds and CLO Industries in the management of the industry client portfolio and global BD activities. The primary goal of the role holder is to drive revenue growth within this industry from existing and new client opportunities.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working alongside the Co-Heads of the Funds Industry, be responsible for the delivery of the client plans and achieving the industry revenue and priority client revenue targets for the industry and priority clients
- Responsible for the setting, monitoring and delivery of the global industry client budgets, financial reporting including client account plan financial reports
- Co-ordinating the Strategy and Development Panel Meetings in Europe and APAC to progress the delivery of the Funds industry plan
- Manage the launch of the firm's new customer publication, its mailing and internal and external marketing. It is likely that this will be published three times a year
- Manage the evolution and ongoing delivery of the firm's magazine which is published 3 times a year
- Support key conference sponsorships and organise all BD activities around these key cross-selling, high profile events
- Organise annual industry events such as the annual credit funds drinks event
- Cross-sell the firm's Funds industry expertise internally and to work with the Co-Heads and Client
- Provide broad sector oversight, including the identification of new trends, spotting new opportunities and engaging our client teams around these to win business.
- Deliver global panel pitches, or strategically important pitches
- Ensuring the capture of pitch metrics
- Proactively track client and industry news and trends using available resources to spot revenue generation opportunities and driving these opportunities to their ultimate conclusion
- Analysing existing client relationships and, using gap analysis, identify and drive cross selling opportunities
The ideal candidate must have significant front line business development and CRM experience, ideally having run or been a part of global client relationship management programmes for clients, in a law firm or professional services environment. Candidates with relevant industry experience, looking to transition from a legal practice role to a business development role would also be considered. The BD Executive should hold a good University degree or equivalent qualification. Good people management skills, particularly experience in engaging with partners and senior management as well as developing and nurturing junior team members is necessary. Experience of managing large panel pitches and significant tenders, and knowledge and experience of managing budgets is highly desirable. Experience in undertaking client feedback reviews will be beneficial but not essential.