Group Legal Assistant
Our Client is a global engineering, manufacturing and industrial products distributor based in East Sussex. The company operates in over 60 countries and is an acquisitive and expansive business. With a revenue in-excess of £150m and a healthy YoY revenue growth of nearly 7% for the last financial year it is a business that is going places.
Following a period of growth our client seeks to recruit a Group Legal Assistant to work with the Group Commercial Legal Counsel. The role is suited to a Legal Assistant, Paralegal or an ambitious and experienced Commercial Legal Secretary.
The Group Legal Assistant reports directly into the Commercial Legal Counsel but with a high degree of autonomy and individual responsibility, the Group Legal Assistant will provide global, legal, administrative and commercial contract support to the Group. Initially this will include the setup/ongoing management of a contract/document global archive system.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Read case law, conduct legal research, make notes, and/or prepare briefs as needed;
· Maintain log of customer sales and supplier contracts;
· Manage information requests made to other parts of the business;
· Arrange, attend and minute contract review meetings;
· Perform initial review of certain NDAs and ancillary documents;
· Prepares legal documents under guidance of contracts lawyer;
· Implement Doc Vaults: organise and archives files and supporting documents;
· Verifies information provided as appropriate;
· Maintain group register of contracts and manage renewal, expiry points;
· Assisting in preparing documents as needed, and tracking matters.
The successful person will possess:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· A high level of organisation and prioritisation ability;
· The ability to be proactive and solve problems before they occur;
· Legal role experience;
· Legal training/qualifications.
The right character for this role is someone who: will be robust, is able to liaise with other departments, can be pragmatic under pressure, is able to work independently, is self motivated and possesses common-sense.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.