Our client is a leading technology company, based in Gloucestershire, that has expanded their business both organically and through acquisitions in recent years. This position will provide an extremely varied, hands-on role where you will have the opportunity to work closely with the business advising in respect of all activities.
This will include:
- Providing highly effective and timely legal advice to business managers in relation to general commercial contracts;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating IT contracts;
- Identifying and managing legal risks in the context of the overall commercial plans of the business;
- Drafting, negotiating, amending and reviewing legal documents;
- Managing the intellectual property portfolios including trade mark and domain name registrations, renewals and escrow management;
- Advising on data protection issues, keeping the business up to date with all legal developments;
- Providing company secretarial assistance, including maintaining the company statutory register, making required filings, attending board meetings when required;
- Representing the business in meetings with existing and potential clients to protect the reputation and contractual relationships;
- Providing a balanced and robust commercial approach to negotiations.
A lawyer with a minimum of four years PQE is sought to provide additional support to the business and to facilitate succession planning within the legal team. There is the opportunity for this individual to take on greater responsibility and as such, applicants with greater post-qualification experience will be considered.
We are keen to hear from individuals with strong commercial and IT contracts experience. This opportunity would be suited to a lawyer who is currently working in-house or in private practice and looking for a varied role in a commercial environment.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.