Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Locum Commercial Contracts & Procurement Solicitor to join a Local Authority in the East Midlands for a 3 month assignment. Applications are welcome from Qualified Solicitors, Barristers and Legal Executives who have the relevant experience working within a local government organisation or private practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts.
Duties will include:
- Providing legal support to all council departments and working closely with the procurement department
- Advising, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts including: NEC3 construction contracts, ICT Outsourcing Contracts, Collaboration Agreements, Sponsorship Agreements, Licence Agreements, Non- Disclosure Agreements, Novation Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, Indemnity Agreements, Framework Agreements, Grant Agreements and other bespoke contracts
- Dealing with EU Procurement law, including giving advice on procurement documentation
- Advising on competition law and State Aid rules
- Dealing with information governance and administrative law
- Dealing with non-contentious Intellectual Property matters
- Drafting and negotiating agreements for adult social services whilst demonstrating an understanding of the social care environment
- Giving advice on charity law
This role offers a rate of £30 - £40 per hour (umbrella/limited company basis). Candidates without Local Government experience are welcome to apply provided they can demonstrate knowledge of public and EU procurement law and are happy to be competitive on their hourly rate accordingly.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.