Junior In-House Lawyer
LAW Absolute is working on a truly exceptional opportunity; our client is a Fortune 500 American multinational company who are seeking a motivated and ambitious Junior Lawyer to join their vibrant offices in London.
The firm itself are remarkable; they operate on a truly global scale with presence in over 40 countries worldwide. Despite its large scale, you will be working within a highly supportive and collaborative Legal team undertaking varied and interesting work. Our client works on an ‘open door’ policy which lends itself towards a helpful, motivated and engaged work-force. The legal team particularly deals with the overflow of work from TV, Home Entertainment and production. Your general duties will include the following;
- Drafting/checking and/or approving license agreements associated with Consumer Products as well as supporting team to cover overflow work from TV, Home Entertainment and Production using standard form templates.
- Negotiating (with appropriate supervision) a variety of license agreements third party licensees and/or agents.
- Drafting contract amendments, termination letters, notices of breach
- Dealing with Trademark Infringement matters
- Liaising with a wide range of people across the business particularly when negotiating agreements.
- Working closely with trainees, other para legal and lawyers and providing general support to Legal team.
- Assisting Contracts Admin team as and when required.
The ideal candidate will be bright and astute, have excellent academics and ideally have at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role. In addition you will possess the following skills;
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Works well under pressure
- Personable and able to work well in a team
- Sharp attention to detail
The firm offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent progression opportunities. The role is to start from December and will initially be on a 6-8 month FTC basis, after which there may be potential for the role to become permanent.
If this role strikes interest,, please get in touch to discuss further by sending your CV in the first instance.