Financial Controller - Leading Barristers' Chambers
5 days left
- Full Time
Our Client, a leading set of Barristers’ chambers based in London with an outstanding reputation, is looking to recruit a Financial Controller.
Reporting directly to the Chambers Manager and working closely with the Clerking team, the successful candidate will be responsible, either jointly or directly, for management of the finance functions of Chambers and it members, including fee billing and credit control, bank account management and assisting with the effective control of chambers’ finances.
Key responsibilities for billing and credit control will include:
- Managing the billing and effective collection of Barristers’ professional fees, utilising and developing the existing bespoke system (Lex) to maximize the efficiency of the process
- Managing the receipt and onward transmission of fees through the Professional Fee Account
Key responsibilities as Deputy to the Chambers Manager will include:
- All aspects of the computerised accounting functions (Sage Line 50) including sales and purchase ledger, e-payments, bank reconciliation
- Production of monthly payroll (using Sage)
- Financial compliance: timely submission of VAT returns, payroll RTI and annual returns to HMRC and Companies House, including keeping up to date with changes in relevant legislation
- Preparation and monitoring of annual budgets of income and expenditure
- Liaising with external accountants and facilitating the preparation of year end accounts, including prepayments, accruals, debtors, creditors, capital expenditure, etc
- Quarterly billing of barristers’ rent contributions and rechargeable expenses
- Production of quarterly financial reports for the Management Committee.
Candidates must be ACCA/CIMA/AAT qualified ideally with a minimum of 5 years’ practical and hands-on experience within a financial environment. Advanced knowledge of SAGE Line 50, Sage Payroll and Excel are essential. Previous experience within the legal profession is not essential but candidates must have experience within a corporate/professional services business.
The candidate will have:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within chambers and with our professional clients;
- The ability to work both within a team and unsupervised, and to use their own initiative and set their own priorities and deadlines;
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy in all work
- A methodical, logical approach, an accomplished problem solver
- A positive and professional approach to the job
Please apply with your CV and short covering letter setting out why you consider yourself suitable for this role.
The deadline for submission is 5pm Friday 28 October 2016
Should you have any initial questions, please contact retained consultants, GRL Legal LLP:
Paul Reece or Gudula Goscomb
Apply for Financial Controller - Leading Barristers' Chambers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly