Legal Billing Coordinator
This Legal Billing opportunity represents a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Legal Billing professional in London.
Our client, a top tier US and international law firm is currently looking to hire an experienced billing assistant with extensive working knowledge of accounts software package Aderant/CMS.
This role will be based directly alongside the Partners and lawyers here in London with direct reporting lines in to the US – fixed term contract based for between 6 and 9 months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monthly compilation/billing of attorney hours to the client
- Prepare, print and distribute proformas, draft bills and forward to Partner(s) each month, follow up with relevant Partner(s) to ensure timely review and transmittal to clients.
- Edit time records, maintaining and filing documentation for adjustments in a timely manner.
- Monitor inventory and ensure adherence to client discounts and guidelines by reviewing proformas and analysing aged WIP prior to distribution.
- Credit Control for London based clientele, chasing clients for past due invoice payments, liaising with US based Credit Control Department for collection of aged debtors.
- Coordinating vendor invoices and obtaining authorisation to pay third party disbursements where necessary, posting third party invoices to the system to ensure the firm is reimbursed promptly.
- Dealing with accounts enquiries/billing queries both internally and with vendors/clients.
- Reconciling statements/payments/invoices and identifying matters where necessary to facilitate payments of vendors/third party bills.
Skills & Attributes:
- Experience with Aderant/CMS billing software & electronic billing process.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a billing department for a law firm or professional services firm.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent standard of oral and written communication skills.
Ideal candidates will possess a background of working within an international, UK or US law firm based firm within the City of London.
If you are keen to be considered, please apply with a full and detailed CV quoting ref USLS-LCAC-16 to Andy Brunton.
Do not delay in applying, this is an excellent opportunity for an experience Legal Billing professional.