Legal Billing Coordinator
This Legal Billing opportunity represents a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Legal Billing professional in London.
Our client, a top tier US and international law firm is currently looking to hire an experienced billing assistant with extensive working knowledge of accounts software package Aderant/CMS.
This role will be based directly alongside the Partners and lawyers here in London with direct reporting lines in to the US – fixed term contract based for between 6 and 9 months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monthly compilation/billing of attorney hours to the client
- Prepare, print and distribute proformas, draft bills and forward to Partner(s) each month, follow up with relevant Partner(s) to ensure timely review and transmittal to clients.
- Edit time records, maintaining and filing documentation for adjustments in a timely manner.
- Monitor inventory and ensure adherence to client discounts and guidelines by reviewing proformas and analysing aged WIP prior to distribution.
- Credit Control for London based clientele, chasing clients for past due invoice payments, liaising with US based Credit Control Department for collection of aged debtors.
- Coordinating vendor invoices and obtaining authorisation to pay third party disbursements where necessary, posting third party invoices to the system to ensure the firm is reimbursed promptly.
- Dealing with accounts enquiries/billing queries both internally and with vendors/clients.
- Reconciling statements/payments/invoices and identifying matters where necessary to facilitate payments of vendors/third party bills.
Skills & Attributes:
- Experience with Aderant/CMS billing software & electronic billing process.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a billing department for a law firm or professional services firm.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent standard of oral and written communication skills.
Ideal candidates will possess a background of working within an international, UK or US law firm based firm within the City of London.
If you are keen to be considered, please apply with a full and detailed CV quoting ref USLS-LCAC-16 to Andy Brunton.
Do not delay in applying, this is an excellent opportunity for an experience Legal Billing professional.
Apply for Legal Billing Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly