Compensation & Benefits Manager - Leading International Law Firm
Compensation & Benefits Manager / Reward Manager
Our client, a leading international law firm have an opportunity for an experienced Compensation & Benefits Manager to join this commercial, forward thinking HR team. Working closely with the HR Generalist and HRIS teams you will develop, recommend and manage compensation and benefit programmes, policies and procedures and metrics which meet business needs, provide value for money and maintain the firm’s competitive position. Work with other International offices as required on global projects to ensure consistency and efficiency. Reporting to the Head of HR you will have a creative approach combined with the personality to gravitas to quickly build relationships with the partners.
- Develop and agree the London Compensation & Benefits team objectives, manage, motivate and appraise team members and work with others in the HR team to deliver objectives. Develop and manage the budget for the Compensation and Benefits area
- Recommend salary review, bonus and other compensation programmes to meet business needs and maintain the firm’s market position
- Manage the delivery of compensation reviews, bonus programmes and other compensation processes for London office employees. Work collaboratively with other HR teams to maximise efficiency, accuracy, security and clarity. Ensure HR and payroll systems and software are updated accurately as required
- Manage Payroll Adviser and provide 2nd line payroll support in their absence
- Manage and develop the firm’s relationship with appropriate third party providers of benefits, software, data and others as necessary. Ensure appropriate providers are selected and maintained and that delivery standards are agreed and maintained
- Oversee benefit programmes and liaise with providers as required to ensure that service standards and cost agreements are met. Work with providers and employees as required in the resolution of queries and problems
- Manage and develop benefits software and programmes to deliver the benefit selection process. Ensure interface with benefit providers, PeopleSoft and the payroll system is efficient and accurate
- Manage pension scheme administrative processes; ensure maintenance and development of interfaces with PeopleSoft, payroll, benefit and pension providers. Ensure that the firm’s pension automatic enrolment obligations are met efficiently and developed as necessary
- Maintain strong market and legislative awareness, appreciate implications and generate timely solutions. Represent the firm with peers and maintain and develop external relationships to support business objectives
- Ensure appropriate market data is available and that appropriate standards of data security, accuracy and analysis are maintained. Participate in surveys; analyse output, identify trends and issues and recommend actions. Liaise with survey providers and ensure accurate and timely data is provided. Represent the firm in survey or industry professional forums as required.
- Ensure that practices and procedures are regularly reviewed and documented so that service levels can be maintained in the absence of team members and implement process improvements as necessary.
- Work with the HRIS team to develop and manage the delivery of metrics, developing innovative ways to communicate messages
- Lead or participate in project teams as required; build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues in London or globally as required to deliver objectives
- Able to establish, build and maintain constructive relationships across the London and Global teams and with external providers.
- Able to manage, motivate and develop team members to ensure business objectives are met. Ability to determine team objectives and appraise team members.
- Strong team player.
- Able to work under pressure; resilient and flexible.
- Significant previous experience within a reward function, preferably within a professional services firm, including exposure to a wide range of compensation and benefit programmes and products.
- Experience of managing a payroll function and an understanding and experience of payroll management.
- Supervisory experience.
- Commercially aware with strong influencing skills; comfortable operating at all levels of the organisation.
- A high standard of written and oral communication skills.
- Exposure to pension policy and administration would be an advantage.
A full and detailed job description is available.