Senior Legal Adviser
Public Law, Regulation, Public Procurement and Contracts
£56,104 to £68,484, plus London weighting (capped at £6405)
Opportunity for a qualified lawyer to use their Public Law, regulation, public procurement and contracts experience to ensure that our newly established organisation’s decision making and regulatory activities are consistent with public law requirements and best practice.
Specifically, supporting the Legal Directors and General Counsel, you will be responsible for the day-to-day provision of high-quality and timely legal advice, including interpretation and application of all relevant legislation, including the National Health Service Act 2006 and the Health & Social Care Act 2012.
Your remit will include a particular focus on public procurement and contracting work, including review of call-off contracts under Framework Agreements / tender documents, drafting and general contract and procurement queries including the application of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015. You will provide legal support across a range of other matters, including:
- The support and regulation of providers of NHS services, including licence enforcement action;
- Regulatory aspects of mergers, acquisitions and other transactions involving NHS foundation trusts and NHS trusts (not including competition law);
- New Care Models for the provision of NHS services;
- The assessment of applications for authorisation as a foundation trust;
- The National Tariff and the pricing of NHS services;
- NHS finance;
- Patient safety and other functions; and
- Issues arising in other policy or corporate areas such as employment.
NHS Improvement is responsible for overseeing foundation trusts, NHS trusts and independent providers. We offer the support these providers need to give patients consistently safe, high quality, compassionate care within local health systems that are financially sustainable. By holding providers to account and, where necessary, intervening, we help the NHS to meet its short-term challenges and secure its future.
Closing date for receipt of applications is midnight, Monday 31st October 2016. The selection process will include a presentation and interview.
Please note that the salary banding is inclusive of Legal Advisors and Senior Legal Advisors.
For more information, and to apply for this post, please click the apply button.