The successful candidate will work in a busy and award-winning, friendly and supportive team providing know-how, education and training as well as marketing and business development support. You will be pro-active in identifying issues on which the team and its clients need to be briefed, and able to pitch those briefings at the right level for the relevant audience. The ability to start a project and see it through to completion, together with a commitment to meeting regular deadlines, are essential qualities for this role. You will facilitate the day-to-day working of the corporate team through training, meetings and technical support. This PSL role offers flexibility and a good work/life balance, and it can be either full time or four days a week.
This role will include the following:
- producing and maintaining high quality documentation to provide partners and associates with cost effective and timely precedents which help progress client business
- preparing effective guidance material such as practice notes to enable colleagues to access material which is fully up to date with precedent and practice
- preparing updates in line with legal developments to inform colleagues and clients of implications
- responding accurately and in a timely way to specific requests from partners and associates on complex legal matters within own area of expertise
- researching legal or client/market related material to provide senior colleagues with clear and authoritative analyses
- supporting Partners and Associates as required in their client relationship development through preparing and/or identifying useful written, electronic and training materials
- participating in the design and delivery of training programmes to inform colleagues and clients about current law, legal developments and implications.
You will be a qualified lawyer with up-to-date technical knowledge of company law and public M&A transactions, and excellent knowledge of the Takeover Code. You will have worked successfully as a PSL or transactional associate in a leading law firm and will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We aim to respond to all applications within two working days. If we have not contacted you within this time frame your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other positions that you may see in the future. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.