Board Secretary (LEGAL)
Board Secretary (LEGAL) – Multi-National Company – Dubai
Our client is a UAE based business group founded in the 1960s. This conglomerate has a diverse selection of subsidiaries, with operations in the Middle East, North Africa, Europe and North America.
A new opportunity exists for an experienced Company Secretary to join the business and provide advice to the Board and Chair on legal and governance matters affecting the Company's operations.
The role will be based at the Dubai HQ, reporting to the Chair of the Board for the Group and will work closely with the Group VP Legal.
Principal Accountabilities include:
• Understand and interpret the requirements of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company and ensure compliance with the Commercial Companies Law
• Ensure that the Company complies with its governing Memorandum and Articles of Association
• Review the Company's Articles of Association and any by-laws as required to ensure their continued adequacy and relevance, and provide recommendations to the Board on necessary revisions
• Prime responsibility for organising and assisting in Board Meetings, Board Sub Committees, Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings
Law Degree and minimum 3 years’ experience as CoSec, ideally in the Middle East
Corporate secretariat certification preferred
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your details across to Mila Read at McKenzie Douglas. Due to the volume of interest we receive, it is not always possible to respond to all applications with feedback. If you have not received a reply within 5 working days, then please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
* We do not preclude applications on PQE level and all applications will be reviewed on merit.