CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Wiggin is a specialist law firm focused on the Media, Technology and IP/Brands sectors. It has a strong reputation in these sectors, an impressive list of domestic and international clients, and is recognised for its excellence of service delivery. The firm is entrepreneurial and has developed a number of businesses whose products and services are aligned to the legal firm.
This is a newly created COO position at an exciting and challenging time to join the firm as it embarks on the early stages of a new strategy roll out that focuses on growth, internationalisation and culture.
Accountable to the Management Team and reporting to the CEO for the general management, in year performance and day to day management of the firm, the focus of the role is to:
- optimise the productivity of fee earners and the profitability of the Firm, through excellent general management integrated planning processes, sound financial administration, and professional operations management.
- take overall responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high calibre and cost effective business support services which are aligned with fee earning activities
- work with the CEO in the formulation of proposals relating to Firm strategy to be submitted to the Partners and so enabling the Firm to achieve its financial, commercial, behavioural and people objectives.
A more detailed role specification is available which goes into more detail on responsibilities under the key role areas of General Management; Financial Management; Information, Communication and Business Technology; Human Resources Management, including Training and Development; and Facilities and Administrative Support
The Firm is looking for a proactive, roll up the sleeves, operational head - a generalist with a "can do" / practical approach to getting things done, not afraid to do it themselves i.e. not dependent on a large team.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Relevant experience gained at a senior level within professional services, ideally from the legal sector.
- Strong financial, analytical and budgeting skills (but do not need to be a qualified accountant)
- A track record in project management, with a reputation for delivery and a hands-on approach.
- Excellent communication, persuasion and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build consensus and trust at all levels, and successfully lead change initiatives
- The ability to present and network, able to act as an ambassador of the firm to external audiences.
- Experience in managing stakeholder expectations.
To apply for this position please send your CV or at Totum, a consultancy handling this role exclusively on behalf of Wiggin. All direct and third party CVs sent to Wiggin will be forwarded to Gary and Debbie at Totum.