My client is currently looking to recruit an experienced Legal Cashier with a minimum of 2 years previous legal cashier experience to join their South Manchester based law firm. The successful candidate will have working knowledge of the solicitor’s accounts rules. The main role of the Legal Cashier is to support the Accounts Department Manager in the provision of Financial Services to the practice by providing competent and efficient assistance.
- To support the operation of the firms accounting system and PAYE scheme.
- To ensure that all banking is done daily as directed.
- To ensure that all cheques are written on correct amounts and Client Account is never allowed to overdraw.
- To enter postings to the accounts system on a daily basis.
- To ensure that new matters are recorded correctly.
- To assist in the entering of bills.
- To execute Telegraphic Transfers.
- To ensure that all authorised invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To deal directly with Clients when receiving payment by cash or cheque.
- To ensure that all closed accounts are authorised and that nil balances are achieved before archiving.
- To support the operation of the departments credit control system.
- To manage the Petty Cash procedure.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
Apply for Legal Cashier
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly