Legal and Business Affairs Assistant
Legal and Business Affairs Paralegal
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This global Media company operates in 45 venues in the UK and internationally, and is an internationally recognised and award-winning company. The company has has subsidiary offices in London, New York and Sydney, and this is a unique opportunity to join a market leading organisation poised for further growth.
PURPOSES OF THE ROLE
To assist and support the Legal and Business Affairs team in its wide ranging legal, commercial and corporate development function across all of the Group's activities both in the UK and internationally.
1. Assisting the Legal and Business Affairs team to provide day to day legal and business affairs support and advice to the entire Group working closely with each of the main sectors of the Group's business namely, venue acquisition and management, production, ticketing and marketing as well as finance, HR and IT.
2. Assisting the Legal and Business Affairs Team in the growth strategy for the Group including production opportunities, the acquisition, development and exploitation of the Group's intellectual property assets and the acquisition of venues and related businesses or new venue management contracts.
3. Assisting in the negotiation and documentation of commercial contracts including supplier and partnership contracts.
4. Working closely with the production team to assist in the negotiation and documentation of creative contracts including:
· Writers agreements - commissions and options
· Royalty pool agreements
· Rights licences
· Creative team agreements
· Named artists' agreements
· Co-production agreements
· Investment agreements
· Development arrangements
· Joint venture agreements
· Theatre agreements
5. Assisting with the maintenance of company books and records including making filings at Companies House and arranging board and shareholder meetings.
Strictly Private and Confidential
6. To maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality in handling the work of the department, in particular ensuring that confidential documents are appropriately and securely filed.
7. To attend training courses as required in order to further self-development.
8. To carry out such other duties as delegated from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department and to aid the achievement of the Company's objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· An experienced paralegal, ideally with commercial experience.
· A keen enthusiasm for a wide variety of challenges and an ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
· Excellent inter-personal and team work skills.
· Strong research and organisation skills.