Senior Pharma Counsel - Global Pharma Company
This is an exceptional opportunity to become part of a team and a company which is dynamic, successful and a great place to work, as well as working within an evolving and exciting sector.
This is a highly responsible role which provides an excellent opportunity for a life sciences lawyer or a commercial lawyer with significant pharmaceutical/medical devices experience to become part of a well-established and highly regarded in-house legal team.
- assessing and minimising risks regarding the commercialisation of both Speciality/Generic and OTC products, and leverage expertise to create opportunities to the business.
- ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and industry codes, as well as with global and local policies
- provide legal advice to internal customers; including legal awareness training
- lead responsibility for specified legal activities and/or subject specific legal matters, including product liability matters
- lead lawyer within team for specific products and/or therapy areas
- supporting UK & Ireland General Counsel and team members in advising other group business operations and matters from time to time
- working as a team player within both the UK & Ireland legal team, the business and EU legal teams
- working alongside EU legal team members on European-wide projects and initiatives
- attending and representing the UK & Ireland legal team at European legal team events
- instructing and managing external law firms and counsel - ensuring adherence with strict cost management principles at all times
- training the business in various aspects of the UK & Ireland legal team's work