Legal Cashier Accounts – Solicitors Accounts Rules
LEGAL CASHIER – MANCHESTER
Legal Cashier Manchester – This leading national law firm is looking to hire a dedicated, hard-working legal cashier to join its busy accounts team in its thriving Manchester office. The successful applicant will need to be familiar with the processed associated with a firm’s client and office accounts and previous experience of working in a law firm is certainly required. This is a role involving everything from the issuing of petty cash to daily banking procedures. It also offers great career progression in a large, but friendly, down-to-earth office environment.
THE ROLE AT A GLANCE
- Job title: Legal Cashier
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £15,000 - £20,000
- Reports to: Accounts supervisor
- Previous Experience: Around 1 year or more working as a legal cashier in the finance / accounts team of a law firm with knowledge of application of Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR)
NATURE OF THE ROLE
The finance department is one of the key support functions in any law firm and the department works closely with fee earners, Heads of Department and other teams within the practice, such as Credit Control, to ensure the effective and smooth running of the firm. As a Legal Cashier your main responsibilities will include:
- Regularly working with the client and office account of the firm posting transactions and generally monitoring the movement to monies to and from these accounts using the firm’s software;
- Preparation of cheques;
- The issuing of petty cash;
- Managing the purchase ledger in relation to matter-related and nominal expenses as well as processing nominal invoices;
- Liaising with the credit control team where necessary;
- Processing BACS transfers;
- Payments out of petty cash.
IDEAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Given the nature of the client, the role would suit candidates who have spent around one year or more working within a similar capacity for a recognised law firm. As well as the skills above, candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- A clear, consistent and methodical approach to their work;
- An appreciation of the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules;
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- The ability to prioritise tasks;
- An efficient and professional approach to one’s work.
A SUPPORTIVE, DOWN-TO-EARTH WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Although this is a large national law firm, it prides itself on a friendly and down-to-earth environment. Members of the team work hard, but are also valued and encouraged to progress their careers within the firm. This is a great place to work with a great working atmosphere and the chance to develop valuable skills.