BANKING PARALEGAL / LEGAL EXECUTIVE
Banking Paralegal / Legal Executive / In-house
BANKING ADVISOR / LENDING DOCUMENT ADVISOR
Banking Paralegal / Lending Document Advisor – The in-house corporate banking team of this leading Bank is currently looking to hire a banking paralegal or advisor with particular experience in drafting and security documentation to work within their commercial team where they will support the relationship managers as well as liaising with the in-house legal team.
THE ROLE AT A GLANCE
- Job title: Banking Paralegal / Legal Executive / Advisor (in-house)
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)
- Reports to: Senior Solicitor
- Previous Experience: Candidates may be an experienced solicitor or legal executive. Applicants who demonstrate experience of having worked in one of the internal banking teams of one of the other top banks will also be considered. Previous drafting experience is necessary as well as a thorough understanding of facility documentation and banking covenants etc.
THE POSITION IN MORE DETAIL
The in-house commercial banking team works alongside relationship managers and the other members of the considerable in-house legal team on a broad spread of transactions at the SME end of the market, including acquisitions and disposals, real estate transactions and MBOs. The team deals with a vast range of clients from sole traders to larger limited companies and LLPs.
The team forms part of a wider national network which actively gets involved in deals of this size across the bank. The role is exciting and varied offering exposure to high quality work within a team which will develop your skills and career.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PRE-REQUISITES
Our client is looking for candidates either from private legal practice such as experienced paralegals or legal executives as well as candidates who have experience of working with lending documentation. In particular, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience of drafting facility letters and amendment letters including other ancillary documentation as may be necessary;
- Knowledge and experience of banking covenants and loan agreements as well as a general understanding of the mechanics of security documentation;
- An ability to draft more complex, bespoke agreements where necessary;
- An ability to undertake research where necessary, whether in retrieving information from Companies House or the Land Registry to support a given transaction;
- Manage transactions and liaise with members of the team as well as other bank staff to ensure excellent service delivery.
SALARY AND CAREER PROGRESSION
The generous salary on offer is accompanied by a highly attractive range of benefits. Furthermore, this role offers outstanding career progression in an already expanding team, which is set to enjoy more growth in the near future.