Pensions Advisory Lawyer, NQ+ PQE, London
Exceptional opportunity for an NQ+ to circa 4 years PQE lawyer to join the market leading Pensions team of a Magic Circle firm, based in their London offices. The firm are interested in speaking with candidates from the Scottish and Irish markets who have at least a 6 month seat in a Pensions team and a genuine interest in developing their career in this area. The firm may also consider corporate lawyers seeking a move into a Pensions role. The role will include a mixture of transactional and advisory work so might suit a corporate or other commercial lawyer with some pensions exposure, who would like to make a transition.
The Pension & Employment group is made up of 5 partners and circa 20 Associates plus PSL support. It advises on a wide range of pensions matters, acting for both corporate sponsors (UK and non-UK) and for trustees. The work of the group includes:
- Establishing and operating all kinds of registered and non-registered UK pension schemes
- Pension benefit change exercises
- Pension fund deficits including funding valuation negotiations
- Restructuring, merging and winding up of pension schemes
- Investment issues including implementation of liability driven investment strategies
- The buy-in and buy-out of pension benefits with insurance companies
- Pension aspects of acquisitions and disposals, flotations, privatisations, reconstructions and demergers including applications for clearance from the Pensions Regulator
- Establishing overseas pension schemes working with local counsel
- Cross border pension issues working with local counsel
The split between transactional and advisory matters will vary depending on activity levels but candidates should be good all-rounders prepared to handle a mixed non-contentious caseload.
Candidates should have a strong academic background and experience of pensions law gained in a large firm environment.
On offer is a highly competitive, top tier City salary and benefits package.
To discuss this role in confidence or to apply, please contact David Thomson, Director at Thomson Legal by completing the Apply Now details in the box below. Alternatively, please click on the Thomson Legal logo to access our recruiter profile where you can contact us directly via telephone, email or social media.
Apply for Pensions Advisory Lawyer, NQ+ PQE, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly