Litigation Assistant/Paralegal - EL/PL
Kennedys are on an upwards trajectory and are seeking to recruit a Litigation Assistant for their Chelmsford office in their Liability Division. This is a great opportunity to work on a quality caseload for a variety of clients. The role will involve you being able to handle a mixed case load of mainly Fast Track EL/PL claims and to assist senior lawyers on larger EL/PL claims.
The relevant team in Chelmsford is known for dealing with employers’ and public liability claims. The team also has extensive experience in: Motor, Property and Abuse claims.
Type of Clients:
- Employers’ Liability/Public Liability Insurers
- Local Authorities and London Boroughs
- Claims handlers/TPAs
Type of Cases:
- Manage fast Track Employers’ and Public liability (plus some general liability) with supervision
- Assist on fatal, catastrophic, TBI and complex Orthopaedic and Psychiatric injury
- Good Academics
- FILEX qualified or studying towards ILEX qualification.
- A minimum of 12 months* litigation experience preferably within personal injury (both defendant and claimant experience will be considered).
- Able to run own caseload with some supervision.
- Clear communicator
- Fast track and/or Multi-track EL/PL claims experience.
- Familiarity with working to SLAs
- To have had previous client contact and attendance at business development events
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.