Litigation Assistant/Paralegal - Clinical Negligence
Brief Description of Role:
Our Healthcare Division is looking for an experienced Litigation Assistant based in Cambridge to work on NHS LA clinical negligence litigation matters.
This is a great opportunity for candidates who have an interest in this area to join a highly reputable Division, ranked in the top tier for Defendant Clinical Negligence in both Chambers and Legal 500.
Our defendant only practice based in London, Birmingham and Cambridge advises the NHS Litigation Authority, NHS Trusts, the Medical Protection Society and medical malpractice insurers of private hospitals, clinics and practitioners on clinical negligence claims. We also advise on medical insurance coverage, health law advice, regulatory matters and represent clients at inquests and judicial reviews.
The Division consists of 7 partners and 50 lawyers undertaking healthcare related work across both offices
Type of Clients: NHS Healthcare clients, independent hospital groups and practitioners.
Type of Cases: A wide range of clinical negligence claims of mainly low to medium value.
- Essential: Degree 2:1 or above (or equivalent)
- 1-2 years’ paralegal experience*.
- Good knowledge of clinical negligence litigation process and Civil Procedure Rules.
- Client contact.
- Strong IT Skills.
- Fast track claims experience.
- File management – effective use of diary system/case management system to ensure capture of management information.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply a forensic approach.
- To be proactive and take initiative.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage own time, excellent organisation skills.
- Strong technical and research skills.
Flexible attitude towards working practices and ability to adapt style as required for supervision purposes.
- Confident in their own abilities and in their approach.
- Team player.
- To be approachable and responsive to both colleagues and clients.
- To be accountable and straightforward.
- To be professional and courteous in all dealings.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.