Corporate Associate 3-5 PQE - Grand Cayman
Associate – Corporate/Commercial - Grand Cayman
Our client a top offshore law firm is seeking an Associate, 3-5 PQE, to join the Corporate/Commercial department in Grand Cayman.
- Report to the Head of Corporate, Commercial and Investment Funds.
- Advise clients competently and confidently on the technical aspects of a wide range of commercial matters, particularly in the field of financial services, e.g. funds, banking & finance, regulatory, general corporate and intellectual property.
- Be assertive and creative when developing or finding solutions to problems and methods of working. Add value through innovative ideas and approaches.
- Approach issues with commercial sense and provide solutions which are pragmatic.
- Guide clients on strategy relating to the particular matter they are advising on, meeting client needs or reacting quickly to changing requirements.
- Recognise the implication of changes in transactions and draft amendments to complex documents accurately.
- Prepare case analyses and supporting documentation with cost estimates.
- Effectively negotiate with clients about fees.
- Be confident in discussions with matter partner about appropriate cost budgets and billing.
- Effectively monitor WIP and amounts billed against cost estimates and agreed budgets and billing arrangements.
- Contribute to the development of Know How and precedents when drafting complex documents.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, to help retain and attract more clients and work into the business.
- Mentor and train paralegals and article clerks.
- Essential that the applicant is qualified as a solicitor or barrister in a recognised common law jurisdiction or a practising Cayman Attorney.
- Must have a minimum of 3 PQE.
- International experience in in banking/finance/funds/regulatory/general corporate/IP law is desirable.
- Essential that the applicant has graduated from top international Universities with the best grades and has trained/retained at a top international/offshore/US/magic circle law firm.
Salary: US$140-185k DOE, tax free, plus benefits and relocation package.
Apply for Corporate Associate 3-5 PQE - Grand Cayman
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly