Office Manager. Oxford. 21.5k
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Office Supervisor to join the busy Facilities team in this Oxford based law firm. The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include:
· Management of the Hard and Soft Facilities, and administration of the Office.
· Management of the administration and facilities staff (3 in total)to provide soft services to the office, ensuring the smooth running of the Post Room/General Office, Reception and Conference Suite.
· Responsible for Health and Safety and Environment requirements, ensuring these are adhered to according to our statutory compliance.
· Ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained, and work is prioritised and carried out to deliver the required standards by the staff, contractors and suppliers.
Manage the General Office staff to ensure:
· Stationery and print stocks are always available as required and maintained at a minimum level to achieve this.
· Photocopying tasks are prioritised and performed to the stated timescales being met through internal or outsourced functions.
· Manage the archiving and outside storage procedures to ensure the facility is maintained to the required standards including retrieval times.
· Royal Mail, DX and couriers services are being delivered and collected as per the designated times.
Manage the Front of House staff to ensure:
· the Front of House Assistants are answering the incoming calls within the agreed ring standard
· the Conference Suite is well presented, organised and has adequate levels of stock for the Office and any functions/seminars.
· Conference Suite bookings for rooms, Video and Telephone conferencing are managed
· the catering suppliers are vetted and Basic Food Hygiene standards are met and maintained.
· Car Parking Facilities for staff, clients and visitors are arranged and reserved when necessary
· Keep up to date staff records in terms of sickness and holiday forms – ensure a local record is kept prior to sending the forms to HR.
· Carry out performance management and appraisals for the Front of House and General Office staff.
· Manage the day to day maintenance requests from staff, and ensure the planned maintenance for the mechanical and electrical equipment, and the building is maintained.
· Co-ordinate with the Facilities Manager and assist with the progressing of projects e.g. Refurbishments, staff moves, health and safety issues etc.
· Liaise with the Facilities Manager to assist with/resolve any resource problems covering all areas
· Carry our regular review meetings for all Contracts, Agreements and Service Level Agreements
Health & Safety, Environmental
· Ensure the Health & Safety requirements regarding equipment and accommodation are complied with according to statutory requirements and that quarterly local Health & Safety meetings are undertaken.
· Maintain a high standard of office tidiness and cleanliness. Ensure corridors and walkways are kept clear, and comply with Health and Safety regulations.
· Monthly Housekeeping inspections are undertaken and kept on record
· Assist the Facilities Manager in maintaining a rigorous Health and Safety policy
· Contractor Management – ensuring the contractors are vetted, and are working safely and are compliant.
· Waste is being removed responsibly and that the necessary waste carrier licences, transfer/consignment notes are being kept on record.
Budget and Financial Management
· Manage the administration and facilities budgets, and process invoices in relation to contracts and suppliers ensuring these are reconciled, authorised and coded as necessary.
· Assist the Facilities Manager in the procurement of both local and centrally purchased in the ongoing review of suppliers services and pricing.
The person specification
· Supervisory skills
· Strong communication skills
· At least 3 years’ office experience
· Professional manner
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· High Attention to detail and good analytical skills
· Keyboard skills
· Good telephone manner
· Key holder responsibilities
Please send your Cv for immediate interview initially by telephone.
Legal Leap Recruitment...moving forward in law