Commercial Property - Partner Designate
If your career to date has meant commuting and you are looking for a dynamic environment, excellent prospects and a better quality of life then read on!
Our client is a large firm with a number of offices in the Sussex area who now have an opportunity for a solicitor with 10 to 15 years pqe in a large regional or London firm to take on a caseload of good quality work together with the chance to work with the members in the continuing development of the department across the firm. Ideally you will have been dealing with a varied portfolio of matters which will include, but not exclusively
Required knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate is likely to have in excess of 4 years’ pqe and probably 8 + years, all of which will have been spent specialising in commercial property.
Candidates will have excellent experience in general commercial property work, (acquisitions, disposals, granting and taking leases etc) but in addition expertise in any of the following would be valued, with an emphasis towards development and planning.
• Acting for developers from site assembly through to successful disposal.
• Planning law, including planning applications and appeals.
• Working closely with corporate team on property elements of sale and purchase of businesses
• Granting and taking complex leases of e.g. retail centres, leisure complexes, office blocks.
• Acting for Banks and Borrowers on secured lending transactions.
• SIPP pension commercial property investment.
• demonstrate technical legal skills as above
• develop strong client relationships
• communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
• draft complex documents with close attention to detail
• conduct sensitive and/or difficult negotiations
• understand the commercial factors underpinning the client’s transaction
• use a case management system, online library resources and able to create own drafts/documents using appropriate IT tools
• manage and motivate other team members
The successful candidate will be taking over an existing caseload, being a mix of work from two partners in the commercial property team. They will be keen to get involved in business development and have the necessary soft skills to network effectively.
There are very real prospects for partnership and in an appropriate timescale, LLP member ship for the right person.
This is a key appointment for the firm which has some very high calibre and long-standing commercial clients.
The firm require a personable, technically strong solicitor with the ability to move into a senior role which will include management of fee earners and support staff. This is a fully inclusive role within the firm and as such carries a salary to match the responsibility.
Only so much information can be imparted in an advert and interested candidates should contact Cathy Casey who has a long working relationship and an in-depth knowledge of the firm, to discuss the opportunity in greater depth All conversations will be in complete confidence.
Apply for Commercial Property - Partner Designate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly