Litigation Associate - 5-7 PQE required for a top law firm in the BVI
Client Overview/Role Purpose
Working with the Head of Litigation and Managing Director in the firm to assist on all litigation matters.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Acting as an ambassador of the firm.
- Responsible for effective advice, services and representation for all litigation matters.
- Ability to work with the Head of Department, Managing Director and other associates.
- Supervise support staff when required.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Ideally 5-7 PQE and qualified as a solicitor or barrister in a recognized Caribbean country i.e. BVI, Cayman, Bermuda or from England & Wales.
- Essential that the litigator have at least 4 years’ experience from a top international/US/magic circle/offshore firm specializing in corporate insolvency, dispute resolution and cross border disputes.
- Only those who have graduated from top law schools with the best grades will be considered.
- Essential that the lawyer have experience and a proven track record of Business Development initiatives.
- Must have excellent advocacy skills.
- Ideally have an existing network amongst London firms.
- Must have excellent research skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use document management and billing systems.
Salary: US$130-150k DOE plus discretionary bonus and relocation package including shipping costs.