A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of our clients, an international law firm. This is an opportunity to start your HR career in a broad generalist role, supporting a forward thinking and inspiring HR Department.
The HR Administrator is responsible for supporting the delivery of all aspects of the HR service to Partners, Associates and Business Support teams. You will be involved with the full candidate lifecycle incorporating generalist, recruitment, payroll/operations and training.
Principle tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate personnel records including absence, holidays, and personal details on the Firms HR systems.
- Maintain hard copy personnel files.
- Manage a database of personnel and key dates (i.e. contract expiry dates, probation completion dates) and responsible for the associated administration.
- Provide administrative support for all recruitment including liaising with candidates and suppliers regarding interview scheduling and making offers of employment.
- Maintain a database of applicants.
- Processing of recruitment invoices.
- Obtain references as required and manage the background screening process for all new joiners.
- Meet and greet new joiners on their first day.
- Coordinate leaver administration.
- Support the Trainee recruitment process.
- Administer the ‘seat rotation’ during Trainee’s two year contract.
- Support the monthly payroll processing.
- General HR administration of eye tests, vouchers, flowers, GP appointments, stationery etc.
- Filing / archiving.
- Undertake other duties / projects as required.
- Previous experience across some/all of the HR responsibilities as mapped out above.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Preferably experience of a Law firm or professional services environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent client facing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong administration and organisation skills
- Able to take the initiative with new ideas and ways of working
- Excellent communication, both written and oral
- Trusted to work with confidential / sensitive information
- Ability to work well with others
- Proactive, a self-starter who works well without close supervision
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Professional in both appearance and conduct
- Minimum 3 A-levels grades: “C” or above, or equivalent.
- University degree 2.1 or above desirable, 2.2 acceptable, or equivalent.
Apply for HR Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly