Senior Legal Counsel
I am currently working with a global business based in Birmingham seeking a Senior Commercial Solicitor with management experieince to join an established legal team.
About the Senior Commercial Legal Counsel role:
As an integral part of the In-House team you will provide support on a wide variety of legal queries and areas.
* Reviewing and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts
* Reviewing contracts for compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and internal policies (covering legal and straightforward data protection issues) and liaising with other Legal, Compliance and business teams as appropriate
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating relatively complex legal documentation and standard forms
* Liaising with external law firms as appropriate
* Providing support on projects
* Supervising more junior paralegals and assisting in the delivery of their responsibilities
* Conducting peer reviews and quality assurance checks of others' work
* Ensuring that the appropriate frameworks are in place to manage risk appropriately
* Contributing towards the efficient and effective operation of the team
The Successful Senior Commercial Legal Counsel:
*You will be a UK qualified solicitor from a City or large regional practice (or overseas equivalent).
*Ideally you will have a minimum of 5 years PQE within commercial law/commercial contracts but this does not preclude someone with more qualified experience from applying for the role.
*Have proven management experience.
*Will be a team player, client focused and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to your workload.
*Demonstrate a a commitment of delivering quality service is essential, as is the ability to juggle the demands of a busy workload in this Senior Commercial Legal Counsel role.
For more information on this Senior Commercial Legal Counsel role based in Birmingham or any other legal roles please contact Nisha Jassi for a confidential discussion on 01212602562 or by email -