Senior Legal Counsel
4 days left
- Full Time
Senior Legal Counsel
Salford, Greater Manchester
Competitive + Extensive Benefits
Fairhome is a rapidly growing business who specialise in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes mainly for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it. As an Investors In People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
As the Senior Legal Counsel reporting directly into the Group General Counsel you will be responsible for providing support to the business on corporate and commercial legal matters.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Legal Counsel
- Transactional support and advice to the business on Joint Ventures and any M&A activity across the group including supporting on diligence processes and negotiation of transaction documents.
- Providing legal support to corporate development and corporate financing activity.
- Supporting the negotiation and execution of a variety of commercial agreements.
- Ensuring that the legislative regime and best practice guidelines are adhered to.
- Ensuring group processes and internal governance policies are adhered to.
- Providing other general legal advice to the business.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.)
Qualifications & Experience of the Senior Legal Counsel
- Mid-level 3 yrs. + Solicitor with a transactional corporate background in private practice and/or in-house environment.
- Self-starter – ability to run with less complex legal matters autonomously and support the Group General Counsel on more complex matters.
- Experience of social housing is an advantage.
- Experience of the care sector is an advantage.
- Experience of real estate finance is an advantage.
Skills / Knowledge of the Senior Legal Counsel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including legal drafting).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Effective risk management – ability to identify and mitigate risk.
- Company secretarial experience.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Detail Orientated.
- Proven record of flexibility, pro-activity and task ownership.
- Self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Able to work collaboratively across the business.
- Resilience, the ability to self-manage and gravitas are key.
What will I receive in return?
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities.
- Competitive Salary: market rate with excellent benefits and discretionary bonus.
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
- Excellent Location: Working from modern offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester.
- Work Life Balance: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times - to be discussed at interview
Submit your application today to be considered immediately for this exceptional Senior Legal Counsel role.
Apply for Senior Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly