Cogence Search are specialists in legal recruitment within London. They recently conducted their Future of Law Survey involving 12,000 lawyers from PQE1 through to Partner level. The aim of the research was to find out how lawyers view the present direction of law, and to see how they view the profession.
- 60% of lawyers surveyed believe that practising law is a vocation or a prestigious profession
- Over 50% of lawyers expected to gain job satisfaction from their career.
- 44% of lawyers believed they would leave their current employer within the next 5 years; while 30% expect to stay with their current employer
- More than a third of respondents said the emphasis on PEP (profit per equity) frustrates them the most about their current firm
- 20% highlighted ‘no career planning or support for people seeking advancement’ as their main frustration.
You can download the full report here: PDF
View the latest roles from Cogence Search