Marsden Group, legal recruitment specialists, have given us an insight into the key trends they’re seeing in the global legal recruitment market.
- Unprecedented demand for lawyers at the 2-4 PQE level (in UK /HK terms) and lawyers in Australia and New Zealand with 4-6 years’ experience.
- Big demand within Corporate M&A and Private Equity across the board.
- High demand for lawyers within Banking & Finance in New York, London, Hong Kong and China, with only strategic hiring occurring in Australia, Singapore and the offshore jurisdictions.
- Within Litigation there is currently a slower recruitment market with only strategic hiring. Although specialist skills in this area such as Regulatory, White Collar Crime, Anti Bribery and FCPA litigation, are in high demand.
- Real Estate is getting busier especially in Australia with nearly every top tier firm in Sydney with a live real estate role. There is a similar trend starting in London.
- Salaries are on the increase in London, and also in New York where salaries at the big firms are starting at $160,000. There is also a growing trend of sign on bonuses for candidates who receive competing offers.
- Languages: If you’re looking for a move to the Middle East, China / HK and Japan language skills are vitally important. The majority of roles on offer in HK and China are only open to lawyers with language skills.
More about Marsden Group
Marsden Group is a world leading international legal search and recruitment firm with offices in London, Asia, Australia and Canada.
View the latest jobs from Marsden Group