Leading pharmaceutical company looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join their Legal team based in Harlow, Essex. Reporting into the General Counsel for UK& Ire, in this role you will manage work with the business to actively identify opportunities which contribute to the growth of the Company, whilst managing legal risk and operating in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry codes at all times.
This is an exceptional opportunity to become part of a team and a company which is dynamic, successful and a great place to work, as well as working within an evolving and exciting sector.
This role requires a technically excellent and pro-active lawyer to create opportunities for the business operations it supports.
This Senior Legal counsel role is a highly responsible role which provides an excellent opportunity for a life sciences lawyer or a commercial lawyer with significant pharmaceutical/medical devices experience to become part of a well-established and highly regarded in-house legal team.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Legal Counsel
- assessing and minimising risks regarding the commercialisation of both Speciality/Generic and OTC products, and leverage expertise to create opportunities to the business.
- ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and industry codes, as well as with business global and local policies
- provide legal advice to internal customers; including legal awareness training
lead responsibility for specified legal activities and/or subject specific legal matters, including product liability matters
- lead lawyer within team for specific products and/or therapy areas
- supporting UK & Ireland General Counsel and team members in advising other group business operations and matters from time to time
- working as a team player within both the UK & Ireland legal team, the business and EU legal teams
- working alongside EU legal team members on European-wide projects and initiatives
- attending and representing the UK & Ireland legal team at European legal team events
- instructing and managing external law firms and counsel - ensuring adherence with strict cost management principles at all times
- training the business in various aspects of the UK & Ireland legal team's work
- Other members of the UK & Ireland Legal team and European legal teams
- Colleagues within business units
- Specialist departments,
- External Legal Counsel/Law Firms
- Liaising with lawyers and commercial contacts in respect of negotiations
- Qualified lawyer (preferably, UK qualified).
- Solid and demonstrable post qualification experience.Experience:
- Experienced life sciences lawyer, with leading law firm experience and ideally with some time spent in house; or senior commercial lawyer with significant experience of working within either a pharmaceutical or devices company.
- a genuine interest in the pharmaceutical sector
The company is multinational pharmaceutical company It specialises primarily in generic drugs, but other business interests include active pharmaceutical ingredients and to a lesser extent proprietary pharmaceuticals. It is the largest generic drug manufacturer in the world.
If interested please apply.