Graduate Recruitment Assistant ***International Law Firm***
Our client, a leading international law firm, is looking for a Graduate Recruitment Assistant to support the recruitment into the firm of approximately 110 trainee solicitors and 140 interns on an annual basis. Working closely with the Recruitment Assistant and Advisor, you’ll also help to support the marketing activities.
Throughout the year you’ll help with all aspects of various Vacation Schemes and Training Contracts to include:
- Interviews throughout the year (over 400) to include managing interview schedules on Brassring, finding interviewers, monitoring candidate sign up, ensuring confirmations are sent, producing interviewer packs, booking rooms, catering.
- Running Watson Glaser and E-tray testing sessions. Maintaining the Interview Analysis spreadsheets and running overview statistics at the end of the process.
- Assist Graduate Recruitment Advisor with feedback for unsuccessful interviewees.
- Processing travel expenses for interviewees.
- Organising and helping run Post Offer Days for offered trainees and interns.
- Sourcing presenters for skills sessions, briefings and amending slide decks as required.
- Organisation of the Interviewing trip for Australian Clerkship programme (approx. 30 interviews), in conjunction with the GR Recruitment Advisor, and processing offers, including referencing, working with Global mobility to start visa process.
- Resourcing for Pathfinder (first year programme) as necessary.
- On-boarding of students for various Vacation Schemes and Indian Internship.
- Running administration for incoming students, ensuring events are finalised and confirmed (assisting Graduate Recruitment Advisor), assisting with orientation/welcome day and organisation of the timetable. Resourcing of trainees for the scheme and collating appraisals. Maintaining the Interview Analysis spreadsheets and running overview statistics at the end of the process.
- Day to day running of Summer Vacation Scheme skills sessions and attendance at evening events.
- Sourcing VS buddies and helping the Graduate Recruitment Advisor with allocation of principals.
- Organising and running vacation scheme projects. Chasing and compiling principal appraisals, self appraisals and projects, including putting into files.
- Organising Training Contract interviews for vacation scheme participants in last week of programme or after the scheme has finished.
- Attendance at campus Milkround events (various overnight stays required).
- Organising and running vacation scheme exit meetings and compiling principal appraisals, self appraisals and projects into files.
Year Round Responsibilities
- Dealing with queries in the graduate recruitment inbox.
- Filing and archiving of candidate folders.
- Working collaboratively with all members of the team.
- Helping the Senior Graduate Recruitment Manager with project or other work.
- Helping Diversity and International Recruitment Manager and Advisor with diversity initiatives. e.g. Open event, SEO, Pathways to Law.
- Help with team expenses and general admin.
- Other reasonable duties as requested by the team.
- University Graduate.
- Methodical and highly organised.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good at prioritising.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Sensitive to cultural differences.
- Calm, confident personality.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong communicator, both oral and written.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Commercially aware.
- Common sense.
- Strong team skills.
- Committed and determined.
- Keen to develop in the HR profession.