Legal Counsel – 12 month contract
An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for an international organisation on a 12 month contract. The role will be unique and challenging and requires a lawyer who can be pragmatic and commercial. The role will involve:
- The provision of proactive, creative and practical legal advice on a timely basis, in respect to all legal matters.
- To act as a fully integrated member of the Legal team, providing general legal advice across a wide range of business issues. The legal advice required covers a broad spectrum of subject areas.
- Key areas in which regular legal advice will be needed include:
- General operational contracts - preparation, drafting, negotiation, review of all forms of commercial contracts such as IT/IP, marketing, agency, consultancy, sponsorship, outsourcing, franchising, logistics and NDA’s;
- Data Protection;
- Competition law;
- Marketing and advertising law;
- Consumer Law.
- Work closely with the Pan E Procurement function;
- Liaise with external counsel regarding litigation/dispute resolution;
- To assist with compliance and other training initiatives and programmes in UK;
- To assist with Corporate Governance matters such as the yearly assessment of risk, ethics, compliance and governance as well as monitoring progress in these areas;
- To assist with wider European projects.
The successful candidate will likely be a UK qualified lawyer with a minimum of 4 years PQE. You MUST have experience in commercial and contract law, strong drafting skills and a pragmatic outlook.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.