Client/Business Development Manager, Alternative Legal Services
NEW Client/Business Development Manager, Alternative Legal Services (ALT) with global law firm.
This position will work closely with the global Alternative Legal Services, ALT, Management team (across London, Belfast & Asia Pacific) and fee earners within the ALT practice, to develop the firm's business globally, build its relationships with existing and potential clients and also to manage the practice's market profile. This role is explicitly designed to help grow and drive revenue for the global practice.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with partners, fee earners, PSLs and the wider BD department across the business to connect the business and maximise business opportunities/internal referrals for the ALT practice
- Preparation of and implementation of business development plans for ALT
- Provide tactical and strategic advice to the broad BD teams to develop their business development strategy as it relates to ALT
- Targeting initiatives, client listening activities, proactive identification of business opportunities for ALT
- Coordinate responses to pitches/ proposals/ tender submissions as they relate to ALT involvement
- Liaise with Communications Manager and Marketing team to develop marketing and profile raising initiatives for ALT
- Coordinate submissions (awards/directories) in conjunction with the Communications Manager where this relates to the ALT practice
- Support the production of all BD material, brochures, web content as it relates to ALT
- Maintain and update BD knowhow, including credentials/contacts/database/client history
- Undertake research and analysis to identify targets for the ALT practice and take responsibility for targeting initiatives
- Facilitate budgeting for specific events/campaigns as they relate to the ALT practice
- Drive an innovative and profitability led approach to meeting the pricing needs of clients
- Manage distinct additional firm-wide or practice projects as required
Successful candidates will have previous business development/marketing experience in a corporate or partnership environment preferred. You will have strong understanding or direct background experience in the type of work delivered by the ALT practice. Demonstrated experience in building strategic relationships, managing clients and pursuing new business. You will have strong project management skills. Sound organisational, planning and project administrative skills and the ability to confidently communicate and deal with partners/ managers/ staff and clients.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.