In-House Legal Counsel
In-House Legal Counsel
Proact IT are a multinational listed technology services company who are seeking a qualified commercial lawyer to join its small legal team. Based in Chesterfield or Leeds and reporting to the Group General Counsel, the successful candidate will work closely with the sales, procurement and finance teams in our worldwide businesses, providing legal advice on a reactive and strategic basis.
The key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements with customers and suppliers
- Maintaining records of contractual obligations and risks
- Training and advice to re-enforce contract awareness and contract governance within the Group
- Supporting the Group’s innovation process and development of new products in an appropriate legal framework
- Proactive advice in relation to legal and regulatory risk, e.g. around data protection, international sanctions and export rules, competition law and listing rules, international bribery and corruption laws
- Specifying and drafting of corporate governance policies and processes
- Briefing of management and delivering legal training
- Auditing and monitoring compliance with internal governance policies
- Advising stakeholders within the Group on various aspects of business law in a succinct and context appropriate manner and provide clarification of legal language or specifications
- Instruction and management of external lawyers within budgets
- Involvement with the Group’s insurance arrangements
- Research and identifying areas of legal and commercial risk and collaborating to devise mitigation strategies
- Responsibility for operation of legal controls forming part of the Group’s quality management systems (ISO:9001, ISO:27001, etc)
In addition to the key responsibilities, the successful candidate may be involved in corporate, M&A, employment, IP and property law advice on an ad hoc basis.
The role may suit a 0-3yr PQE lawyer, qualified at a reputable commercial firm and making their first move in-house or a more experienced lawyer seeking a new challenge.
The successful candidate will not be expected to be experienced in all of the potential areas of work but will be expected to demonstrate a broad commercial experience and a flexible, pragmatic approach.
- Qualified lawyer with significant experience in commercial contracts and otherwise broad expertise
- An excellent communicator and negotiator
- Commercial outlook and a strong business acumen
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with good time management
- Able to work under pressure, to SLA
- Experience of dealing with complex matters with multiple stakeholders
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Occasional international travel will be required
- Previous experience in-house or of providing support across multiple sites
- Cross-jurisdictional exposure
If you have the required skills and experience, please click apply now.