Do you have a strong, broad engineering awareness across all BAE Systems sectors and a working knowledge of IP law? We currently have a vacancy for an IP Counsel - Engineering Executive at our site in Farnborough.
As an IP Counsel - Engineering Executive, you will be implementing Government IP Policy changes that will require contractors to identify all background IP and its origin during the tender process, and maintain a schedule of all background IP used throughout contract life.
This is a strategically important issue for the business and a new way of working needs to be developed which protects valuable IP assets in an efficient manner whilst understanding the practicalities of the individual business environments.
Your main responsibilities as an IP Counsel - Engineering Executive will involve:
- Creating UK wide process for identifying key IP Assets for recordal and submission to MOD as appropriate, supporting tenders and contractual requirements
- Implementing Group IP policy within the business with a focus on identification of key IP assets and appropriate control mechanism to stop inadvertent dilution of rights
- Developing awareness and training materials suitable for different functions involved in the IP identification and liaising with the MOD on new tender and contractual requirements and the engineering community working on MOD contracts/tenders
- Reporting to senior stakeholders in Head Office and businesses on implementation and reaction form MOD
- Providing SME support to lawyers and commercial teams fulfilling tender requirements
- Ensuring risk/limitations associated with any IP declarations are adequately recorded/represented in RBA, risk registers as appropriate
- Ensuring consistencies across projects and business units in responses to IP backgrounds questions from MOD
Your skills and qualifications as an IP Counsel - Engineering Executive:
- Working knowledge of IP law and MOD IP policy
- Experience in working on MOD programmes across sectors
- Experience in interfacing at all levels and cross functions and businesses within BAE Systems
- Experience of working with industry/MOD cross party groups
- Good understanding of commercial function and MOD contracting model
- Experience of working MOD programmes at various tiers
- Experience of US and UK defence contracting would be an advantage
- Good understanding of BAE Systems’ business, its needs and values
- Experience of lobbying activities directly or through trade associations would be an advantage but is not essential
What we're looking for in you:
You should have the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner when liaising with both internal and external stakeholders. You will be innovative and creative in identifying solutions and addressing issues.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Head Office is in Central London, with a number of support functions and functional specialists based in Farnborough, Hampshire. Head Office is home to a wide range of vital departments, from Strategy and Legal, to HR and Procurement. It is an exciting environment, where people at all levels in the business exchange ideas and develop new projects.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
Join us and you’ll be at the heart of BAE Systems corporate management. The sheer technical, commercial and cultural diversity of our worldwide business will give you enough challenge and variety to last a career. Throughout it all, we're committed to help you pursue your own ambitions and fulfil your interests within the business.
BAE Systems welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Inspiring Work, Inspiring People