Trade Compliance Manager EMEA
Global Aerospace company seeks EMEA Trade Compliance Manager
My client designs, manufactures and provides aftermarket support of key fuel system components for the major aircraft manufacturers including Boeing and Airbus.
Trade Compliance Manager will liaise with key personnel across three sites within the Sales and Marketing, Program Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Commercial functions who are involved directly or indirectly with Trade Compliance covering both Customs and Export Controls Compliance. The primary function of this position is to oversee the day-to-day importing, exporting and customs related activities across the Sites.
The canidate will be able to demonstrate experiance of the following:
- Direct import and/or export compliance experience in a major corporation, service company, or law firm
- Subject-matter expertise in all relevant areas of trade compliance
- Strong working knowledge of UK Export Controls and export licensing requirements, including liaison with Export Control Organisation and Compliance Inspections
- Strong practical experience of managing both ITAR and EAR within a European program environment
- Experience in drafting formal correspondence with government agencies
- Proven ability to identify areas where process improvement is required, to develop and implement those improvements
- Proven use of Six-Sigma tools to drive process improvements is preferred
- Working knowledge regarding the service capabilities, roles and responsibilities of customs brokers, freight forwarders and logistics service providers