Community Care Solicitor
Due to a recent expansion and impressive plans for growth in the future, this well respected firm are seeking a community care solicitor to join their team based in South West London, the role will involve conducting a caseload of Public Law and Community Care cases. Experience of Education and / or Court of Protection desirable but not essential.
Skills & Responsibilities
- To conduct a caseload of community care cases and preferably public law and/ or Court of Protection
- Detailed knowledge of community care law (adults and children) essential
- Knowledge of Court of Protection work and experience of public law preferable but not essential although a willingness to undertake work in these areas is desirable.
- To conduct a high volume caseload of matters on behalf of clients as directed and in accordance with the firm's file management and supervisory policy
- To maintain a diary and bring up entries in accordance with the firm procedures
- To work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems
- Detailed knowledge of legal aid
- Detailed knowledge of relevant forms and procedures
- Compliance with the firm's Money Laundering Procedures
- Compliance with the Data Protection Act
- 2 years PQE
- Good personal organisation and ability to adhere to strict time limits.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to deal with individuals from all walks of life.
- The ability to prioritise work when necessary.
- The ability to provide the highest standards of client care.
- To maintain a diary and bring up entries in accordance with the firm procedures.
- A willingness to participate in the development, marketing and success of the Department and Firm
If you want to work for a highly respected law firm who believe in developing and rewarding their employees, please don't hesitate to contact me to discuss the role in more detail.
Please contact Steven Wade, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration. If you have not been contacted within five working days you should assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London legal jobsÂ with confidence. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.