My client is currently looking to recruit an experienced Credit Controller to join their South Manchester based law firm. The primary responsibility of the role as Credit Controller will consist of preparing statements for debtors, chasing customer firms for updates as to the progress of their cases and collecting of payments from a range of debtors. You will also be expected to provide comprehensive supporting information to support any necessary litigation for non-payment. Previous Credit Control experience is essential preferably from a law firm.
- To manage and understand credit control processes from start to finish
- To take ownership of the sales ledger and ensure the data contained therein is complete, accurate and up to date
- Liaise and support fee earners and litigators should legal action become necessary
- Ensuring that precise records are posted to the case management system and that the diary system is fully utilised
- Prepare detailed account statements for customer firms of solicitors and where generous credit terms have been granted obtain periodic progress reports
- Proactively chase all outstanding invoices and claims assigned using a variety of communication formats with the preference being the telephone.
- Ensuring that debts are paid within the appropriate timescales in order that monthly cash targets are met
- Ensure disputes are monitored and chased up on a regular basic and that credit notes and write offs are actioned in a timely manner
- Prepare routine and exception reports for monthly credit control meetings
- Liaise with partners, fee earners and secretaries on a regular basis regarding aged debt positions
- Producing reports (monthly and when requested) to fee earners setting out their debt and advising of any problems or potential issues
- Dealing with clients and internal queries relating to bills and client ledgers