Chief Compliance Officer
Our client is a leading, multi-national organisation.
They are now seeking to appoint a senior role to oversee compliance matters for the business across the region. This will be a highly challenging and rewarding role and it is essential applicants have a good deal of relevant experience. The role will take responsibility for the implementation, monitoring and measurement of the effectiveness of company group governance, risk, ethics and compliance programs and will champion responsible business throughout the company.
Reporting directly to the group CEO the role holder will:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Compliance Program
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Employee Services, Legal) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Initiate and monitor systems to maintain confidentiality and privileged status of legal communications and intellectual property
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved, including anti-bribery and corruption issues
- Establish procedures and monitor compliance in accordance with local and international industry regulations
- Monitor company compliance policies and behaviour to ensure adherence to the company’s Standards of Conduct
- Be the principal channel of communication for confidential legal advice and communications between corporate counsel and the company
- Be a member of the company’s crisis management team
- Provide guidance to the Board and senior management team on matters relating to compliance
For consideration you must have have:
- 15+ years of business experience, including 10+ years of experience in a similar field (e.g. Ethics & Compliance, General Counsel, Corporate Governance)
- A legal background is required with experience of Russian / CIS legal systems
- Fluent in English, Kazakh and Russian
- Experience of the ICT industry is desirable, however other industry backgrounds will certainly be considered
- Experience of managing others
- A proven track record of building successful business relationships
- Experience of working with relevant regulatory bodies
- Ethics & Compliance or Anti-Corruption Officer certification will be an advantage
- Admission to professional practice in law, accountancy, fraud investigation or audit will be an advantage
If you fit the above criteria and want to join an international business that will reward your efforts with progression and career development, please forward your CV for review.
*Fford & Stone always review applications on merit and treats them in utmost confidence.
Due to high levels of interest it isn’t always possible to respond to all applicants, however we appreciate your interest and will be in touch if we can assist you.