Your new role
As a contract Litigator you will review and evaluate property claims for prospects of success and negotiate and litigate claims through the civil courts. You will be required to handle a varied caseload of primarily commercial contract cases
Main tasks * To assess prospects of success of contract claims initially and on an ongoing basis
* To draft and to prepare all necessary pleadings and documentation and litigate cases through to trial, where necessary, on the Small, Fast and Multi Track
* To negotiate claims to a successful outcome through the most efficient and economic means and demonstrating commercial awareness
* To ensure that a high standard of service is provided to the client at all times
You will be a solicitor, FCILEx or paralegal with equivalent experience, typically gained through at least 2 years of running a contract litigation caseload. You will be looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, modern and supportive environment. Ideally you will possess experience of handling your own Fast/ Multi-Track caseload in a team environment and furthermore, your experience of:
* Contract law and civil procedures, gained through litigation
* Some exposure to professional negligence would be ideal, but not essential
* Client care and the ability to embrace a changing environment in a new kind of law firm
* Dealing with complex issues quickly and efficient
What is on offer
You can expect to join an award winning organisation that will challenge and develop you to progress your career by giving you every opportunity to develop yourself professionally and personally. This company pride themselves on having an open, inclusive and high energy culture that encourages a fun working environment and places their customers at the very heart of everything they do.
What you need to do now ...
If you are interested in applying for this position click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new role, please contact Harriet Chapman in complete confidence at Hays. We would expect a lawyer with the given PQE to have gained the level of experience required, but this does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.