Senior Learning and Development Manager
Our client, a leading law firm require a Senior L&D Manager to join their team. Responsible for the delivery of L&D solutions to all fee earners, business services and secretarial staff, you’ll be responsible for promoting L&D throughout the firm and setting and implementing the L&D strategy to ensure that Partners and staff at all levels are challenged, supported and developed to their full potential. The role will also require management of the L&D Coordinator who will assist the Manager on a full time basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Formulation of Annual Learning and Development Plan:
- Meet with group heads and Knowledge Development Lawyers on a regular basis in order to identify training needs, formulate the learning and development plan and advise on appropriate and relevant learning and development activities.
- Analyse training requests coming from the annual appraisal process for all staff.
Training Design, Delivery and Co-ordination:
- Managing the full training cycle for Partners and all staff (including our Associates Academy); training needs analysis, design, delivery and evaluation of business skills and programmes.
- Developing relationships with key external providers and where appropriate source external providers to deliver skills and specialist technical training.
- Work with external consultants to ensure training courses are appropriately tailored to business need.
- Design and deliver workshops and training interventions for fee earners, business services and support staff on soft skills topics such as time management, service delivery, managing difficult conversations.
- Liaise with IT training function to ensure IT training is delivered to groups where needs identified and monitor take up both at departmental and firm level.
- Review e-learning opportunities for the firm.
L & D Budget:
- Set learning and development budgets with practice areas and monitor spend against budget throughout the year.
- Authorise all department training spends
- Process all training invoices.
- Working collaboratively with HR and our Knowledge Development Lawyers to ensure a joined up learning experience for all regardless of the content of the training.
- Developing others through coaching and mentoring using both internal and external expertise.
- Responsible for all L&D regulatory obligations.
- Chair L&D Committee and attend weekly Senior Management Meetings and monthly Management Group Meetings (as required).
- Prepare quarterly report for Management Group Meeting on CPD activity for all fee earners and provide ongoing reporting and analysis of training activities.
- Publicise learning and development events via Intranet and Water Cooler.
- Working in a way that encourages a collaborative, team-orientated culture ensuring you and the team maintain a client focussed approach.
- Prior experience of identifying learning needs and in designing comprehensive and practical learning solutions to meet business needs.
- Proven experience in designing and delivering training courses.
- Proactive and able to take responsibility and work on own autonomy as well as working as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence stakeholders.