Legal Counsel | Integrated Facilities Management EMEA | FTC
London | Competitive Salary
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We’re a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Counsel based in London. The Legal Counsel will support the operation and expansion of JLL’s Integrated Facilities Management business in the UK and across the EMEA region. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the business team taking a significant role in advising on deal strategy and corporate governance. This role would be ideally suited to a legally qualified solicitor (or barrister) with around 3-6 years’ relevant PQE direct from private practice or in-house (candidates with more or less PQE will also be considered). The role will primarily be based in London (Canary Wharf office), with some travel within the UK.
What this job involves
- Drafting and negotiating outsourcing service contracts under which the IFM business provides services, with a particular focus on UK clients.
- Providing general legal and compliance support to the Integral business unit.
- Advising on compliance and ethics matters in relation to the Integral business and IFM’s project works service offering.
- Negotiating multi-country business-to-business strategic frameworks.
- Supporting the development of the building engineering business in Europe.
- Legal support to strategic projects.
- Strategic advice on disputes with clients and suppliers.
- Provide formal training to the business e.g. presentations on contracting best practice, relevant legislation and ethics. Providing ad hoc training, e.g. debriefing on specific contracts.
- Attend professional development presentations to keep updated on any new developments in the commercial contracting and construction / outsourcing world.
- Become a subject matter expert on relevant construction and maintenance contracting standards used in UK and internationally.
- Demonstrate leadership to business on matters of ethics and compliance.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
- Excellent business level English language fluency
- Legally qualified solicitor (or barrister) with around 3-6 years’ relevant PQE (candidates of less or more PQE will also be considered) direct from private practice or in-house.
- Existing experience and an interest in negotiating outsourcing transactions or construction or engineering services contracts is a necessity. Ideally this would include being the legal adviser on the supplier side; however, sector-specific experience is not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated technical legal competency
- Strong contract-drafting skills
- Ability to assess and communicate commercial and legal risk
- Desirable, although not essential: An understanding of TUPE in outsourcing deals and/or familiarity with construction standard forms such as JCT
- Ability to work in a diverse team and to collaborate with other business functions
- Self-motivated and confident
- Demonstrated initiative, autonomy and independence
- Able to gain the respect of JLL people and clients
- Sets an example of the highest ethical standards
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...